Monday, December 27, 2010

#Reverb10 - Ordinary Joy

Prompt for today:
Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

There have been so many little joyful moments this year - having coffee with a friend, reaching the top of the rock wall, satisfied in one's academic achievement. It's really difficult to pinpoint one instance, as if that moment defines my joy for the year. Instead of hashing out all the individual moments, it's easier to tell you what instigated them. First off, I was exceptionally encouraged by my friends at UCLA GOC this year. They've blessed my heart in so many ways. All of my moments with them have been joyful and wonderful.

Another source of joy? Hope in the gospel. It's been so sweet to reflect on God's provision in my life as He shapes me into the woman I'm meant to be. Sometimes, life gets difficult and seemingly dark, but the Lord has always been a wonderful help in times of trouble. And that alone brings so much happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment