Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb10: Moment

Prompt for today:
Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail.

To be honest, I have had many "alive" moments during this year. Most of which happened in the context of academics. There's little to compare with the satisfaction of a job well done, or an excellent meeting with a professor. Some of my "alive" moments occur when I walk home, listening to my iPod and enjoying the sunset or beautiful day. To be honest, feeling alive doesn't always have the connotation of happiness or light. Sometimes what makes us human is the ability to feel pain or loss.

But one wonderful moment in particular happened in London. I remember it for a few reasons. This particular moment was one of anticipation and optimism in the purest form. I was in England for a study abroad trip. At this particular moment, I had finished my final. It was my final day/night in London. I handed in my final to my TA and decided to take a little walk. The streets were busy and bustling, as it was midday. I took a deep breath and took it all in - the sights, sounds, colors, texture of this city. I realized that my hard work was behind me, for the time being. I also knew that my trip to Paris would happen the next day. I remember that moment because I felt so free and so optimistic. All of the heaviness of the past just seemed to evaporate. There was no sorrow, no pressure, nothing at all. Just peace. I knew that good days were ahead.

And, to be honest, they were. The good days continue even still. I think this is because I'm looking at the things that are to come. And the future seems so much brighter than my past.

(Check out Reverb10 to get started on your own blogging adventure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment