Friday, December 17, 2010

Con-ges-ted

Friends, something has happened to me that hasn't happened in over two years.
I'm sick. And not just feeling crappy. I'm talking sick.
Congestion, sneezing, the works. As I type, I'm laid up on my bed, eating
as much citrus as I can stand and watching reruns of my favorite shows.

But the real reason that I'm writing this post is not to talk about the
fact that I've gone through two boxes of tissues in 24 hours. I want to
talk about one of my greatest tools in getting rid of all the grossness
associated with congestion, the Neti Pot.

It looks like a mini teapot. Fill it with warm water, add a pinch of salt.
Now here comes the "gross" part. You have to insert the spout of the pot
into the nostril, tilt the head, and let the water drain through the sinus cavity.
I know... it doesn't sound very appealing. And let's be honest, it isn't.
But the benefits far outweigh the ick factor.

This tool came recommended to me by a good friend. I was skeptical at first but this
cold has made me a believer. Take it from me. The next time you get sick, invest
$15 and make your experience a whole lot more bearable.

1 comment: