Monday, December 13, 2010

#Reverb10 - Action


Prompt for today:
Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?

I’ve always been an “action” sort of girl. If something needs to get done, I’m going to (try) and do it. Take school, for example. If a paper’s due, I’ll start writing it 4 weeks before the due date. There's something about crossing that finish line with time to spare... It's a great feeling. But in general, I like to think that I have a pretty decent response to things that need to “get done”.

But ideas, those are different things. Ideas don’t have a “due date” or any particular sort of measurable beginning. It’s up to me to make these ideas into some sort of tangible reality. When I think of a great idea like my career path or goals for the future, things can get a little bit overwhelming. These are huge ideas, goals, aspirations, etc with no determinable "path". I begin by determining what the goal is. I also try to determine the most important parts of this particular goal. Then, I make a plan. And the most difficult part? I have to stick to the plan and just do it.

But that only goes so far. Without the help and guidance of the Lord, I can't do anything. He plans my steps and they may be different from the ones that I'd have chosen for myself. And sometimes, those plans are better than anything I could have possibly dreamed of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment