Saturday, December 11, 2010

#Reverb10 - 11 Things

Prompt for today:
11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will  getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

Instead of writing 11 things that I don't need. I'm going to list 11 things that I do need.
And... this prompt just begs for a actual list. Who am I to deny it?
1. Cultivation of trust in the Lord
2. Joy in the Gospel
3. Love for Christ and his Church
4. Mindfulness of time, in reference to prayer and devotions
5. Heart to serve my friends and family
6. Self-control, in reference to health and exercise
7. A habit of waking early
8. Excitement for the future
9. Heavenly perspective
10. Academic fervor, I don't want Senioritis!
11. An unending supply of Double Stuf Oreos.

I'm just kidding about number 11... sorta... but the things that I need in 2011 don't really depend on me or my strength/willpower. The Lord is the giver of all gifts. He knows what we need, even before we ask! So, there's nothing I, in and of myself, can "do" to accomplish all of these. And as far as changing my life, you be the judge. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment