Sunday, December 12, 2010

#Reverb10 - Body Integration

Prompt for today:
Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but a simply cohesive YOU, alive and present?

I'm not too sure about "cohesive body experiences", but I do have an instance of being very aware of my body. This school year, I've taken up rock climbing and bouldering. There's a rock gym on campus, free of charge for students. I think the experience of bouldering has allowed me to have a greater understanding and appreciation of what my body is capable of. It really is amazing to watch the body at work in this situation. I've been finding out that I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. And as for "oneness", I know that in the moments that I'm climbing, everything else fades and it's just me and the wall. It's easy to get sucked into the sport, leaving 3 hours later.

And to be honest, I haven't been able to go climbing the past few weeks like I've wanted to. Classes were tough and all of my "free" time was consumed. So after break, I hope to get back into the swing ofthings. It's fantastic exercise and doesn't feel repetitive or boring. And bonus: you get some killer arm muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment