Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tomorrow

So tomorrow marks a big day for me. Really. It's been something that I've
been longing for during practically my whole academic career at UCLA.

I'm getting my braces off tomorrow.


Ohhhh, I am excited. I even promised my orthodontist that I'd bake him
brownies as a "reward" for letting me take my braces off before June. I
think my bribery worked. And true to my word, he's getting a pan of
double chocolate caramel brownies.

For some reason, I feel almost like I have stockholm syndrome or
something. The braces are coming off but I have the suspicion that
tomorrow will bring a touch of nostalgia, a little bit of emotion. It's been
over a year and a half since they were put on. And, as odd as it sounds, we've
been through a lot together. Walking into that office tomorrow, I'm a whole
other person. I've grown up in so many different ways, it's really amazing.

So before I try to make these braces into an allegorical allusion for my life,
I'll just end with this: I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment