Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All I Have

You know, it's funny how God has a sense of timing. It's pretty darn perfect. As I wrote yesterday, I had been waitlisted for the French program and was feeling really bummed and a bit frustrated about it. I wasn't distraught or upset, just that the "wind" had been taken out of my sails.

As it turned out, I had music team practice that evening. And for those of you who don't know, I usually sing for UCLA GOC in our times of worship, which is a huge blessing. I love serving them! And God, in his great providence, has us singing this song for Friday night. It just flattened me as I looked over the lyrics and sang them through with the team. I've heard it before, but the lyrics took on a new dimension as I pondered the state of my life right now, facing the end of undergrad with the unknown prospects of being an "adult". It's a bit scary, right?


"All I Have Is Christ" - Sovereign Grace Music

Now I'm not the most "emotional" person, meaning that I don't cry on cue, but this song definitely makes me tear up. The reason? All I have is Christ. He's my sole possession, the ultimate prize. Everything else just pales in comparison to him. Nothing really matters. Not grades, not GRE's, not grad schools, not moving overseas, nothing. Now, that's not to say that I don't put my best effort out. I do! But my focus needs to be a little more eternally focused.

So this goes above and beyond me, if my God has the ability to provide for my salvation, He can surely provide for me right now. Like the song says, "All I know is grace". Indeed!

2 comments: