Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hidden In My Heart

I cannot tell you how comforting scripture is. Really. No matter what my issue or state of life, the Bible is always sufficient to calm my soul and remind me of the hope in the gospel. When I read the Bible, I know that Christ's sacrifice has made me blameless before God, with all the righteousness of Jesus.
So obviously, I like theologically based music. There's something wonderful about being able to express my religious beliefs within the context of song. I'm a firm believer that my soul has its own way of "singing" before the Lord, as new age-y as that may seem. And in the Bible, the Lord is blessed when people lift up their voices and offer their instruments in worship to Him.

And when I came across this CD, I was so so thankful. Actual scriptural verses set to amazingly soothing lullaby tunes. Although it's intended for children, I find that I'm getting a lot of benefit from it. Honestly, theology is theology. It doesn't matter if you're 3 or 50, the gospel and the Bible consistently have the same message. Can a grownup lady learn new things from a CD intended for children? Absolutely.


So don't be weirded out because it's intended for children. The music is really well done. I never would have guessed that it was originally made for kids! So adults, have no fear! I highly highly highly recommend getting your hands on a copy. It's just Bible verses set to music, no crazy stuff. Pure and simple. It brings me right back to the Bible, where I need to be in the first place. 

Buy a CD or a digital copy off the website - HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment