Monday, April 4, 2011

France

So... I've gotten some sort of a response from the program that I applied to.

Waitlisted.

That word hit me like a bullet in the chest as I sat in Jimmy's Coffee Shop with my friends. I was expecting either a "yes" or a "no". Not a "maybe". That was exactly the response that I was hoping to avoid. But I'm learning that my expectations and the Lord's plans aren't always on the same plane. That is, my hopes and dreams are drastically different than what is good for me.

So what do I do? I wait some more. I put my trust that the Lord will give me an answer in his timing. All good and perfect things come from His hands, so that's where my faith is and that's where my hope lies.

1 comment:

  1. we are waiting too. i heard somewhere that the Lord uses waiting in our lives and i've been seeing that in my life for sure. embrace the waiting :) let the gospel permeate your soul, jess, knowing that God loves you so much that He sent His Son to die on the Cross for you. let this great and mighty love that He has for you be such a comfort to you. love you friend!! always here if you need anything :)

    ReplyDelete